A few semi-random sport-thoughts.
- The Collins clan is rather dysfunctional; that sounds like an interesting episode of Coach, where mom heads off the kid's letter of intent not wanting him to play for Minnesota State and stay closer to home. Hopefully, he plays a good enough HB to justify dealing with Harpy-Collins, a.k.a. his mom and (what the...) her Johnny Cochran lawyers.
- We've found some Kryptonite in LA. You can't tell how much something hurts from the outside; even Superman isn't a real superman, and injured body parts can keep you from performing. Pain is you're body's way of saying "don't do that" and is there for a reason; if it's bad enough, you can't function.
- Speaking of pain, Andre Drummond has hit a snag with a bad back; he tried to give it a go but he looked more like Yao Ming laboring up the court last night than the jumping-jack he's been so far. On the good side, the injury got Slava Kravtsov his first serious minutes; not the next Dirk, but maybe a Darko, a serviceable big man off the bench.
- Joe Flacco is a free agent. Hey, Ray Lewis's cap slot just opened up; that should afford the Raven's some room to give him a raise.
- Speaking of St. Ray, the old saw is that Christians are forgiven, not perfect. He had a nasty track-record (multiple baby-daddy raps, the Atlanta murder he tried to cover up for his friends) but seems to be on the straight and narrow as of late. If you don't like his witnessing with that background, what statute of limitations should you have before being able to witness about your Savior?